FALLS CHURCH, VA – The 28th Tinner Hill Music Festival returns Saturday to Falls Church’s Cherry Hill Park, featuring a blues artistand the New Orleans Grammy winners acting as headliners.
The festival, which runs from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on June 11, will include craft beer, vendors and activities for children. Barbecues and other dishes, including child-friendly and vegetarian dishes, will be available in the festival’s Food Village.
The Artists’ Village will present painters, photographers and jewellers. The Kids Village will offer face painting and other activities.
Here is the musical program:
- Rebirth Brass Band: The Grammy-winning band excites fans with a fiery show paying homage to New Orleans brass band tradition with jazz, funk, soul, R&B and more. (5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Marcia Ball: This blues artist has gained worldwide fame and countless fans for her ability to spark a full-scale party every time she takes the stage. (3:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.)
- Dale and the ZDubs: DC’s Rock n’ Reggae Band can be found opening for nationwide touring bands. (2:20 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Carly Harvey’s Kiss & Ride: We love the DC blues queen and her band, and you will too. The DC Blues Society chose them to represent it at the annual International Blues Challenge in Memphis. (1:05 p.m. to 2:05 p.m.)
- Batala Washington: This all-female Afro-Brazilian percussion ensemble makes its second festival appearance with heart-pounding samba-reggae beats. (12:40 p.m. to 12:55 p.m.)
- Gordon Sterling and the People: This team of incredible musicians deliver a fresh and exciting palette of original and dynamic soul/rock tracks. (11:55 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.)
- Mr. Jon & Friends: Parent-award winning music for children and their families is all about fun, movement and laughter. (11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.)
- DJ Stylus “The Vibe Conductor”: Bring your dancing shoes or just go barefoot for this fun and energetic time. (7 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Visit the Tinner Hill Music Festival website to buy your tickets in advance.